Other places to find legal help and information:
Below is a list of other places to find help in addition to this website…
If you need to find a free attorney, here are some suggestions:
- Maryland Legal Aid Bureau - A staff legal services program for Maryland. Help is free if you qualify. You can find out more at: http://mdlab.org
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service- Matches you with a volunteer attorney. Help is free if you qualify. You can find our more at: http://mvlslaw.org/
If you need to hire an attorney, here are places to get an attorney:
- Civil Justice, Inc. – A lawyer referral service for those in Maryland who don’t qualify for free legal help. The program may be able to find you a lawyer for a reduced fee. You can find out more at: http://civiljusticenetwork.org
- Legal Services Programs in Maryland – a listing of statewide legal services providers.
- A comprehensive Guide to Legal Services in Maryland published by the Pro Bono Resource Center and housed online at the Peoples Law Library website may offer additional help:
- People’s Law Library:
(PLL) is a legal information and self-help website for the public maintained by the Maryland State Law Library , a court-related agency of the Maryland Judiciary, and supported by Maryland's non-profit legal services providers, Maryland pro bono attorneys, and the legal academic community.
Legal Clinic Calendar on People's Law Library
- Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
Maryland 211 - 2-1-1 Maryland connects you to health and human service resources in your community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 180 languages.
- Website: www.211md.org; Phone: 2-1-1 (24 Hour Hotline) 410-547-8000 Email: info@211MD.org; or
- Maryland Community Services Locator; www.mdcsl.org. This website allows you to find approximately 9,000 health, social service and criminal justice resource programs in Maryland.